Sand Blaster - SD
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||TSG - San Diego|
|Description:||Uses abrasive sandblasting equipment to clean, remove corrosion, and other contaminants. |
- Operates blasting booth and walk-in cabinet blast.
- Prepares parts for blasting by inspecting for oil or grease.
- Masks material to confine the abrasive to a specific area.
- When operating the walk-in cabinet blast, places the part to be blasted on the table in the cabinet.
- Selects the type of abrasive to be used.
- Operates the blasting booth by setting the part in the booth, closing door, turning on the light and placing hands in gauntlets.
- Selects the proper abrasive, adjusts the nozzle for flow of abrasive and air pressure.
- Strips dirt, paint, lacquer, and preservative materials from barrels, work stands, machinery, paint pots
- Removes grease oil from sheet metal parts ready for sandblast.
- Steam cleans parts for aircraft parts such as fuel cells, preservation cans sludge tanks
- Preserves machinery for future use.
- Uses hand brushes and scrapers, spray guns, steam or water jets, soap and solvents.
- Masks off parts and sections as necessary.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 5 years (minimum) military or FAA experience required on similar or like aircraft.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- All applicants must be able to pass a background check and successfully complete a drug screen.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.